The International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity (IJBNPA) is the official journal of the International Society of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity (ISBNPA). IJBNPA is published by BMC (part of Springer Nature) and is regarded as one of their flagship journals. The journal has a strong impact factor (IF), which currently stands at 8.915. IJBNPA is an online, scholarly, multidisciplinary journal publishing high quality research. IJBNPA is devoted to furthering the understanding of the behavioral aspects of diet and physical activity. It is unique for its inclusion of multiple levels of analysis, including populations, groups, and individuals, plus its inclusion of epidemiology, and behavioral, theoretical, and measurement research
areas. For more information on the journal’s aims, scope, and content, please visit the journal website at: International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity | https://ijbnpa.biomedcentral.com/.
The IJBNPA team currently consists of: Richard Rosenkranz (Editor-in-Chief); Sunday Onagbiye (Journal Manager) Clare Collins, Delfien Van Dyck, Nanna Lien (Deputy Editors), and the current Associate Editors Laura Bellows, Rebecca Byrne, Bronwyn Clark, Shufa Du, Scott Duncan, Zan Gao, Louisa Gordon, Maria Hagströmer, Melanie Hingle, Wendy Huang, Niko Kaciroti, Mark Kelson, Katherine Livingstone, Emily Mailey, Kim Meredith-Jones
Falk Müller-Riemenschneider, Dana Lee Olstad, Stephanie Prince Ware, Patricia Risica, Tom Stewart, Lukar Thornton, Zoi Toumpakari, Amy Yaroch, and Qianling Zhou.
We are looking to increase our editorial capacity in a few key areas to maintain high quality and timely handling and decision-making for all manuscript submissions. Hence, we wish to recruit new Associate Editors who can strengthen and complement our team with appropriate expertise in behavioral nutrition, physical activity, and related areas.
Associate Editors at IJBNPA are responsible for selecting qualified reviewers to review the submitted manuscripts, efficiently managing the peer-review process, and making recommendations for decisions. They are also expected to provide procedural and tactical feedback to enhance the journal’s operational efficiency and quality of service.
Suitable Associate Editor candidates should have:
- expertise in implementation science OR qualitative research OR systems science AND experience applying that expertise to behavioral nutrition or physical activity (BNPA)
- substantial experience in publishing research in high-quality journals
- substantial experience in reviewing scientific papers for high-quality journals, including IJBNPA
- some experience as member of an editorial board (preferable)
- a commitment to ISBNPA / IJBNPA
- time to spend at least 2 hours per week working on journal-related tasks Preference will be given to candidates who express a willingness to serve for a period of at least two years. Interested candidates should send a 1-page letter outlining their interest in the role and any relevant experience, along with a brief CV (max 2-pages) to [email protected]. The deadline for applications is Wednesday February 15th 2022.
It is anticipated that new Associate Editors will commence duty in March or April, 2023. For more information, please contact Editor-in-Chief Richard Rosenkranz at [email protected].